Re: really cool link to so cool effect's

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

this one is going to get alot of responces....

first off which effect are you refering to??  the upper left picture?
if thats the one, it is easily done BUT the dangers involved are a MAXIMUM
threat. One wrong arc to a grounded object and you are toast....   also the
travel of HF HV thru the body is now being understood a bit better and it
has been found that it does damage nerve tissue and the flesh where the
streamers exit.

Some of the set up tips include  a very well insulated platform elevated
from ground at least 3 times the distance the longest arc can travel ( hard
part here is finding a material that has that well of an insulating
capacity) , a drop wire from the tesla coil toroid to a near secure ground
to limit the streamer length, NO overhead objects within 5 times the
maximum streamer length ( just in case you stand up while its on) , a set
wires from the platform to the actors finger tips to reduce the HF HV thru
the body but that really doesnt help ( I had set up a plastic skeleton on
top of my toroid with latex wings on it and ran wires to the wing
tips   needless to say, the wing tips STILL caught on fire where the wire
exited), at least 3 manned kill switches constantly being monitored when
the coil/actor is activated.
The easiest way to do this visual is to hire a proffesional    too many
variables to go wrong for a "never done that before" type of person to
attempt...

Scot D