Re: CDE 942c20p15k Group buy

Original poster: "steve" <steve_vance-at-cablelynx-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <<mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <<mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 3:15 PM
Subject: RE: CDE 942c20p15k Group buy

 > Original poster: "Chris Boden"
<<mailto:cboden-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>cboden-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

 > Looks like our prices have been beat :)
 >
 > Steve, if you can handle doing this permanantly, I'll pass the torch on to
 > you. Email me at <mailto:cboden-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>cboden-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org
 >
 > Chris "<http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc>www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/mmc" Boden
 > President / C.E.O.
 > The Geek Group
 > <http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org>www.thegeekgroup-dot-org

Hi Chris,

There is no way I want do this on a permanent basis. This is a one shot
deal. The reason for the offer is more of a selfish one than anything else.
I want 100 caps for my self. If I can get about four people to order with
me, I could save about 70 bucks. Here is the breakdown....If  4 other
people were to order 100 caps each in this buy, each person would pay 1/5
of the shipping to my house ($4), 100 caps at $2.22 a cap ($222.00),  Ship
them to their house (probably around $10.00 per person). That's $236.00 for
100 caps delivered.

I think a lot of people viewed this offer as me trying to step on the Geek
Group toes. This is not the case. I was told by another GG member that the
GG is a nonprofit organization and that they sell their caps for
cost+shipping. If this is the case the GG doesn't lose anything because of
this buy. I have bought caps from the GG in the past and, I plan on buying
more in the future. When you need just a few the GG is the way to go.

Best Regards,

Steve Vance