Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: Mark Broker <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Kreso, I'm ("we're", technically) glad you got a good deal on some caps!  I
quite vividly recall recommending an MMC for a comparable price to your
newly acquired Maxwells and that you decided on your own you required no
less than a $500 MMC.

Again, as stated in my previous, somewhat lengthy message, we purchase
fewer capacitors than most other distributors and therefore have a higher
cost from Cornell-Dubilier.  A big order for us is 500 caps while a big
order from Richardsons or State may be 10,000.  Then there's our costs:
maintaining the website ordering forms and databases, financial transaction
fees, packaging, people to actually do the labor, cost of transportation to
the shipping company, etc.  Add it all up and we probably LOSE money in the
long run in addition to it being a headache for nearly everyone involved in
the sales.  But we do it anyways because it helps make this hobby more
accessible to the hobbyist, or even a professional here and there.

We have helped many people, like the recipients of the 131 recorded MMC
orders.  Although I could offer many more examples, this is hardly the
venue.  And I doubt at this point that any amount of talking will convince
you (and some others, it seems) that we really aren't bad guys....

Again, Steve certainly is a good guy for his offer!  At the very least it
keeps hundreds more caps in our stock for the people who only want 9 caps
for a 12/60 ;)

Best Regards,

Mark Broker
chief Engineer, The Geek Group