Re: Self-Resonant SSTC topologies

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

I'm glad to hear that IGBTs are speeding up.  Dave Leddon & I have been
playing with an idea of mine (not a new one, as Antonio de Queiroz noted
a few months ago) for charging MMC capacitors sequentially with a
commutator.  At this juncture, it's beginning to seem like a bum idea so
maybe I can summon some energy for trying a s.s. design yet again once
the dust settles (carbon dust, that is) from the current effort.  Unless,
of course, Dave or I come up with some success...

I still have the oil-drum handy-by in my carport.

Ken Herrick