Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello Kreso.

I don't want to seem unpolite and I am definitely not a pro but sometimes
you posts contain statements I find hard to understand.
Let me put it this way: some years ago we had a whole bunch of fun at work
trying what would happen if you rip a running
2GB Seagate Barracuda ( yes, the red hot running with the bearing problems )
out of a scrap computer, out of the window in my office on the
second floor, out on the parking lot...
OK, this was complete nonsense but these disks where scrap and deserved this
end ;-) ( and were available in dozends for free )
But when I hear about you last success melting down your secondary coil I
must admit I feel a little pain when I think of the precious equipment you
are risking.
Of course raw power can give you 3 feet discharges even in a pretty out of
tune situation, but you are risking your ( very neat ) PT and the
great maxwell caps Terry gave you for this great price...
As said, of course its your equipment but if you want to keep your caps
alive I feel you really should not repeat this destructive testings.
Once more, this is not meant offending, just a well meant advice.

Sincerely

Christoph Bohr