Re: Can't get a good bang

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hey Steve....

seems as if most of your coil is in good condition ( nice finish job on the
secondary!)    the one thing I did notice was that your toroid is on the
meekish side...   remake the toroid to a ratio of

toroid tube dia = the dia of the secondary
toroid total width = approximately 3/4 - 1 times the length of your
secondary winding

e.g.    secondary dia = 4"  toroid tube dia = 4"
winding length = 20"   outer dia of toroid = 15-20"

this should get you into a 20-25" streamer length when properly tuned.

Scot D