Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 5/19/04 7:39:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Ack! I didn;t think of that! I saw an enormous tesla coil prototype with a
>safety gap across the caps, which is what gave me that idea. Yeah, I will
>put a big resistor there :) In regards to Kreso, well I guess if you are
>into that sort of destructive testing, the amount of overrating of your
>equipment signified by the concept of 25 capacitor strings probably is
>sensible ;)
>
>thanks muchly,
>Arpit

Arpit,

Put the safety gap across your main gap - be it rotary, air blast or
whatever.  Now you don't need a resistor, it will just fire through the
primary as the primary gap normally does.  I have one across the rotary
gaps in both of my coils.

Ed Sonderman