Re: Tesla Coil RF interference

We also conducted this experiment with a large 18 inch dia. coil (8 ft.
spark at 7.5 kVA).  Using an identical coil with a 30 x 7.5 inch toroid as a
receiver, with a good ground, we were able to light an 18 mm neon tube at a
distance of 4,250 ft. from the transmitting coil.  Freq was 170 KHZ.  The
lamp was steady brightness all along the tube.

I was quite surprised.  I only expected perhaps 100-200 feet.  Then we
loaded the coil on the back of an open pickup a drove away stopping to drive
a short 12 inch ground spike as we tested.

Dr. Resonance