Re: Wiring suggestions

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Eric,

You would want at least 10 gauge wire for 30A.  10/4 SOW cable can be bought
at most home improvement stores.  The black and red are your hot leads, with
the white being neutral and the green ground.  Preferably go with 30A twist
lock connections, as the 30A dryer plugs aren't the safest things to unplug
if the line is hot. (too easy to get fingers into the prongs)

David E Weiss