knock on the door

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I don't think anyone will ever have to worry about a knock on the door from
the FEDS.  There was a guy in the neighbor hood with a armature radio
station that over powered ever TV in the neighbor hood.  The guy talked on
his radio non stop.  He was on the radio by 6am every morning and when I
got home from work at 3:40pm the guy was still on the radio and at 10:30pm
when I went to bed the guy was still on the radio.   The TV picked up the
guy talking with a blizzard of static on all TV stations.  It was
impossible to watch TV.  I switched to cable TV thinking it would help but
his signal still over powered my TV.  I put the TV in a grounded metal box
and it helped.  One by one the neighbors complained and ask the guy to cut
it out.  The guy said he has a license and is doing nothing illegal so buzz
off.  The neighbor hood called a meeting and I was elected to check into
this to see what could be done.  I called the FCC and they mailed me some
forms to fill out.  Several pages of forms.   The forms ask for the guys
transmitter manufacture name, manufacture model number, serial number,
power output, frequency, his antenna model, type and serial number.  The
FCC wants the mans name, address, social security number, license number,
date of birth, etc.  And to top it off they wanted to know the guys FCC
license number.   The only way to get that information is to knock on the
guys door and ask or break in to the guys house when he is not home and
look for myself.  I don't think so!!!  I called the FCC and was told the
FCC is strapped for funds and will no longer investigate on its own all the
leg work must be done by the person filing the complaint.  I reported my
findings to the neighbor hood committee and a few days later someone
attached a log chain to the guys antenna in the middle of the night and
pulled it about 2 blocks down the street and left the twisted wreckage in
the middle of the street.  The guy was off the air for about 2 weeks and
back on the air again for 1 day when his antenna was destroyed again.   The
guy finally moved a few miles out of town on a 5 acre lot where he has
lived there now for over 15 years.  He has his 5 acre lot covered with all
sorts of antennas.   Now everyone is happy and the FCC did absolutely
nothing.

Gary Weaver
gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net
Why Wait?  Move to EarthLink.