Re: Coiling humor

Original poster: Bob Wroblewski <bwroblewski-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You might be a Tesla Coil fanatic if…
(With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy!)

You’re still suffering from TCBA News withdrawals.

You can’t drive by a microwave oven left on the roadside without
putting it in your trunk.

You have ham radio flea market dates on your kitchen calendar along
with birthdays and anniversaries.

You can gut a microwave oven for parts with the efficiency of a NASCAR
pit crew.

You check out pole transformers when driving down an unfamiliar road.

You convince your wife that attending a Teslathon would be more fun
than a trip to the beach.

You follow the progress of new sewer installations looking for pipe
sections that will fit in your car.

You measure leakage current in Amperes.

You read forty-plus emails daily from the Tesla List.

You conducted experiments to see if country music increases spark
length.

The whiff of ozone brings back fond memories of coil demos long ago.

The staff at the local neon sign shop knows you by name.

You’re not afraid to dumpster dive for perfectly good parts.

The GMHEISLR means something to you.

The hole in the ozone layer is filled directly above your lab.

The power utility company sends you a courtesy Christmas card.

You own more linear footage of neon tubes than displayed in the window
of the local package store.

You store enough Maxwell pulse discharge capacitors to brick a small
building.

Tungsten is your element of choice.

Note: I put this list together in 2002 so some references are dated.

Enjoy,
Bob Wroblewski
Dracut, MA