safety gap question

Original poster: "steve" <steve_vance-at-cablelynx-dot-com>

Hi all,

I am using a 5-30 NST that doesn't have a case ground to power a small coil.
On the other coils I built, I usually ground the secondary and the NST case
to the RF GROUND. Because of a lack of a ground on the NST, I forgot to put
a ground electrode between the electrodes of the safety gap. (brain fart)
The gap fires about the same as the ones on my other coils. The question is,
Do I really need to put a ground electrode between the other two?

Steve Vance