Re: My TC So Far

Original poster: Chris Roberts <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello Chris,
It seems that you are doing well so far. I wouldn't worry much about the
pvc, as I have all my coils wound on pipe that has not been dried at all,
and they work just fine. If I were you, for a first TC I would use the OBIT
power supply, as there are fewer things to go wrong. However, if you
already have the other supplies on hand, there's no reason to go out of
your way to get a different setup. Just use what would be simplest and
easiest as far as construction, design, getting the parts, etc. Good luck
with your coil, it seems you are off to a better start that I was!

-Chris Roberts

Original poster: "Chris Fanjoy"

Well it's been almost a month since I started working on this project,
to build my first-ever TC. I've accomplished quite a bit over the past few
weeks, and certainly learned a lot in the process. Needless to say, I still
have a lot of learning to do and I already see some potential mistakes I
may have made. My TC won't be ready to power up for a few weeks yet, but
here's the story so far.

<Snip>