Re: Eastern Air Devices Sync Motors

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Ken,

These heatsinks wrap around the motor and secure with hose clamps.  I don't
think it will need a fan then.  I was always taught that if it runs hot, it
needs to be uprated.  I think the motor was intended to run fans, and that
that would help cool the motor, and the internal fan would just take care of
a hot spot.  That's probably why they run hot in SRSG use.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "Crow Leader" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > It's good to the motor has a wonderful new home.
 >
 > I found a small square cooling fan kept the temp down too. The internal
 > "fan" seemed pretty worthless
 >
 > KEN
 >
 >  > Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>
 >  >
 >  > Hi All,
 >  >
 >  > For those that have the 1/20 HP Eastern Air Devices hysterisis sync
 >  > motors.  I have noticed with mine that they run hot.  I have a
 >  > solution!  Wicks Aircraft Supply has a engine oil filter heatsink.
This