RE: "NEW" idea ?? on primary tapping...

Original poster: "Terry Oxandale" <toxandale@xxxxxxx>

This string inspired me to finally get of my seat and fabricate an easily moved primary tap set-up just as Scot D described (thanks for the motivation Scot D). My primary conductor is 1/4" copper tubing on a 24" flat primary form. Tonight I fabricated this "tuning bus" as a duplicate of the strike rail, out of the same 1/4" material, and about 3" below it. Then using RadioShack 1/4" fuse holders, and female spade connectors (the male part is a part of fuse holder) I fabricated a short 6", 10 gauge jumper that runs from the new primary tap "bus" (using a fuse holder to snap onto this bus) to any location at that point and inward toward the secondary coil (again by snapping the other end fuse holder onto the primary conductor). I needed this due to the hard-wired method in which all the conductors pass through the base and up into the coil, which restricted the range of tuning to 25% of any single turn (fortunately my large terminal helped make that range fairly "fat". Anyway, after assembling the new parts, I tried it out and was able to finally narrow down the "sweet spot" that I was unable to reach earlier. From an operationally visual point of view, the performance has not been affected by the new open ring under the primary edge. This set-up makes tuning a pleasure finally.

(Un) Terry