Re: More facts: Coil size to faraday cage size ratio

Hi,

I get the ones at the top of the page that "fit". I have a bunch of 240-2078 and 240-2079. They fit over cables well. There is no science to it, just get the ones that fit. They are cheap. Use as many as you want, but the closer they are to the gap the better. They can be used all over the place for all kinds of things too. Heating is nil. I see they have a bunch of new sizes these days ;-)

I like the solid ones since the snap on type tend to "snap off"... Put heat shrink over them if they are going to be bounced on concrete and such. You can see them on the primary cables here:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/SmallCoil/small_coil2.jpg

They are like little RFI sponges ;-))

There was a thread awhile back about "stealth coils"...

Dual stage line filters are next in line, but they are expensive.

NST LTR sync gap systems here...

Cheers,

        Terry