Re: Tubes question!

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello Kreso.

Finally some questions I can answer ;-)

 > Biggest one is PL-519

The PL519 is a Pentode used for horizontal deflection amp in TV
sets.
It is pretty powerfull, very linear and can be used to build a
VTTC or a RF amp.
There are CB-band amps out there that employ the EL519, which is
the same tube,
only with 6,3V filament. ( the P stand for 300mA filament used in
serial connection without
a filament transformer, thus all the tubes from one TV should be
of the P type.
The PL 519 reaches 300mA around 40V,

 > Then smaller one is PY-500A

This is a "Zeilenschalter" tube whoch would directly translate
into "line switch" which is
probably not the correct translation. It twitches the beam off at
the end of a line until it reaches the next
starting point and then switches it back on.
Can be used to generate X-Rays as you can see from the other
thread the is currently running.

 > The next one does not have any markings, but it-s top was
connected to a
 > flyback ( maybe a rectifier?)

This is most probably a DY 86 or DY 88 which is a HV rectifier
for the picture tube voltage and was
mountet very close to the Flyback. A funny thing is, this is not
a P type but a D type that is also called
"battery tubes" as the filament voltage is only 1,4V. So where
did the 1,4V come from?
It came from an extra winding on the flyback, OK I guess the FB
can deal with the 0.84Watt extra power.
Max voltage is around 20KV at 22% duty cycle, max 18µS and around
150 to 200 µA
Can be re-used fo a small battery audion receiver or try to
generate X-Rays ;-) This is a high vacuum type.

 > And the smallest is 3 letters - 3 numbers
 > Im not sure about first letter here ->OCF-802
This is a PCF 802 used in conversion transducer stages, sometimes
the pentode system is used in the
intermediate frequency stage with UHF tuners. Filament is 300mA,
8,5V.
I have no idea what this could be used for, maybe as preamp and
phase inverter in a push pull
VTTC if such a thing is possibly....
BTW, this is a simple system: PCF802
P= 300mA
C= triode
F= pentode
8= can mean linear, the rest is usually internal stuff.

Congratulations, its alway good to safe this old stuff from the
dumpster.

regards

Christoph Bohr

Good luck and safe the tubes.