Re: Measuring Streamer characteristics

Original poster: "Finn Hammer" <f-h-at-c.dk>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting-at-bellsouth-dot-net>
>
>  Hi all,
>
>snip
>
>Does any one know if you can form a long streamer on the first peak or does
>it always require several cycles?
>
>  Bob

All,
I can say, that with my Solid State Disruptive TC, 1 bang doesn`t bring
much neither in length nor light.
I am not the analytical type, so I don`t have a chart over bangs/length but
to get to the max. streamer length you need several bangs.
I saw the same behaviour in Steve Connor`s OLTC at the Derby Teslathon, but
then, he built my controller and my coil is a 1/2 scale model of his,
basically.

Cheers, Finn Hammer