Re: De-ionized water for HV probe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 6:44 AM
Subject: De-ionized water for HV probe

 > Original poster: "Denicolai, Marco" <Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com>
 >
 > Hello all,
 >
 > Can anybody tell me, is de-ionized water also free from dissolved gases?

No.. It is not.  you need to heat it to evolve the gases (distilled water
tends to have fewer dissolved gas, because of the production process).

Simply pouring the water from one container to another will cause it pick up
some gas, too... Unless you're pouring in a blanketing atmosphere of
something with low solubility (or water vapor).