RE: DRSSTC thoughts...

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >I was never able to get that parametric thing to work.

Don't thank me, it was Richie B. who showed _me_ how to work it.

 >I think you asked about streamer impedances...  It's been a long time, but
 >check here:

Ohhhhhh I get it!!!! It's (always 220k no matter what the length of the
streamer) in series with (1pF per foot)

I thought it was (220k in series with 1pF) per foot :P

I'm working with a shunt R-C equivalent circuit so my higher value of 400k
makes sense.

If I take your formula for my 36" streamer, I should get 220k + 3pF which
(unless I lost a decimal point somewhere) is equivalent at 66kHz to 3.15M ||
2.8pF. That's a lot more than 400k.

So either my streamers are less resistive than yours, or more capacitive. I
suspect the latter as I'm working in a small room with metal walls and
ceiling. (and it would be a shame to have to lose the "Always 220k"
hypothesis)

Steve C.