Re: needed... 1k power resistors

If you are running an NST, the 50 Watt resistors seem to work fine.  We
break up the circuit using a 500 Ohm, 50 Watt resistor to "soften" the
incoming waveform before the safety gap, and then a second 500 Ohm, 50 Watt
resistor just before the varisters.

Up to 60 mA xmfrs you can use two 25 Watt resistors as well.  This also
"softens" the price.

Just check them for warmth after a 2-3 minute continuous run.

Dr. Resonance