thanks again for all of the suggestions guys; T. coil and doorknobs

Original poster: "Jack Vandam" <snotoir7674g-at-mindspring-dot-com>

Thanks again for all of the mineral oil/ sheet lead suggestions guys.  After
I saw the reference to the other list yesterday (the high voltage list), I
decided to join that also (with Chip's help for the proper subscription
email).  I think some of my questions would be more appropriate there, but I
greatly appreciate everyone who has responded here.  This is quite an active
list.

My "doorknob" caps are on the way for a small Tesla coil I am building.  It
won't be more than 100-150 KV, but I am hoping to get more "oomph" out of
the system this time than I did several years ago when I used bottle caps.
Not that I criticize bottle caps- they were cheap and did very well for
their purpose.  Anyone else use doorknobs and how do you like them?

Thanks again guys and look for future somewhat OT questions on the hv list.

Jack