Re: Secondary catastrophe

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Forget about splicing. Cut off the bad part and don't
look back. 17" is plenty. I once wound an 18"
secondary on 4" sch 40 PVC pipe. (Visit link for a
picture of it):

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/jig.htm

Driven with a pair of MOTs and a voltage doubler, it
pumped out fat, 42" sparks on a regular basis. It
never even thought about failing. I wound that little
secondary for starving college student, and as far as
I know, it is still making fat sparks somewhere.

12/30 NST power? Your 4" x 17" secondary won't even
break a sweat. The amputation will raise the frequency
a little. Big deal. Chop it off!

=====
Gregory R. Hunter

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg