Re: NST insulator

Hi,

Usually the insulator protrudes well into the case so it is not easy just
to remove or replace.  The insulators are far over designed and really made
to work with frost and such on them.  So pretty significant damage may not
hurt the function all all.  Personally, I would just epoxy it and not worry
much about it.

I hear a lot about insulator damage from E-bay and other shipped NSTs.  The
insulators have to be protected very well so even if the box is dropped on
the side with the insulator pointing toward the concrete it will be
protected.  You can't pack them "too" well...

Cheers,

         Terry