Re: Edgewound primary

Original poster: "Richard W." <potluckutk-at-comcast-dot-net>

Hi all,
I think "edgewound" is an error in terminology on my part. I suppose the
better term is "strip primary"?

It was corona that was my concern and I was looking for methods to eliminate
it or at least minimize it, therefore the post. But it's been posted that
corona will not be a problem.

Anyway, the goal is to create a primary whose surface is flat, smooth, easy
to clean and durable. Something I don't have to worry about benting if
accidently struck while moving or packing. The HDPE (1/4" x 1-1/2") is the
"spacer". Since I see there will be no problem with corona I should be able
to roll a flat-surfaced primary. That would leave 1-1/2" copper sticking out
the bottom. I could make a fold 3/4" up from the bottom that will help hold
the HDPE from sliding down and also help facilitate tapping (a stronger
area). Yes, I can make a clean sharp fold the length of the strip before
rolling, just takes a little time in a 3 step process. I've made a test fold
in a piece about a foot long. The edge turned out nice and crisp without
breaking, splitting or signs of metal dislocation. It's pretty soft.

Rick W.
Salt Lake City