Re: A question about UV and homemade plasma globes

Original poster: "Matthew Smith" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Adam wrote:
>I was getting ready to push my AC out the window cause it's so molded, how
>would I convert the parts inside to create a vacuum?

Have a look at these articles:
<http://www.belljar-dot-net/refrig.htm>
<http://www.sas-dot-org/E-Bulletin/2003-12-12/labNotesAS/body.html>

Important points:
* These units need oil - If you're not careful, you can lose a lot when
taking it out of the original machine.  You should rig an oil recovery
system on the discharge side.
* Cut tubes with a proper tube cutter, NOT a hacksaw.  You don't want
copper filings in a close tolerance piece of machinery.

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy