foil-covered inner-tubes for large toroids?

Original poster: DRIEBEN-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com

Hi all,

I've been thinking of an affordabale alternative to a large
pofessional spun toroid for a large coil. I've heard of sev-
eral ideas, including the chicken wire covered wood and styro
foam skeleton frames. I almost certain that my idea is not
original, but I was wondering what you guys thought of a
large inflated tractor tire inner tube covered in alumi-
num foil or tape. Of course it would be imperative that it
didn't leak and I know that the small inner tube lined pneumatic
tires (wheelbarrels, 2-wheel dollies, ect.) are notorious
for slow leaks. My 2-wheel dolly tires always have to be in-
flated before use if I haven't used it in a while. Hopefully,
tractor tire inner tubes are somewhat more dependable for
holding air as I'm sure a farmer wouldn't want to always
worry about his tractor tires holding air. Has anybody had
experience with this approach at a large toroid?

Thanks,
David Rieben

David Rieben