Finally finished

Original poster: "Koen van den Berg" <cerberus-at-vdberg.speedxs.nl>

Hello all,

So I recently finished my coil and thought I'd share the results.
Considering the limited resources (you can't get pole pigs in Holland) I
have to work with, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It's a
magnifier driven by two 10 kV 50 mA NST's in parallel.

I used 3 x 14 of the 2000VDC 0.15 uF Cornell Dubilier 942C20P15K
capacitors. The secondary coil dimensions are 11 cm by 60 cm, and it stands
a total of 80 cm tall.

Maximum measured spark lenght is 82 cm.

Pictures can be found in this thread :
<http://episteme.arstechnica-dot-com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=34709834&m=678003907631&p=1>http://episteme.arstechnica-dot-com/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=50009562&f=34709834&m=678003907631&p=1