Re: explanation of sparks into air needed

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Jim : when you sit in a boat in a lake and you see water inside the boat you
dip out the water back into the lake. where it came from is inside your
boat. Where it went to is the lake. A TC is similar in analogy. The air is a
great lake of electroms. When the TC spills into this lake only ripples of
charge are seen and the waves of charge travel outward until the charge is
disipated into the shore ( ground and clouds) No energy is lost it is only
neutralized back into the earth from whence it came from. Air is conductive
as is copper wire . Air is less conductive but much more conductive than a
vacuum so it takes longer to arrive at neutral ground and you see a noisy
light flash untill the waves are to small for your eye to see but
instraments can measure them much further away. The base of your TC is
grounded and the charge will eventualy return there.
      Robert     H