Re: Cheesehead III/ Present your work!

Original poster: "Dr. John W. Gudenas" <comsciprof-at-ameritech-dot-net>

On Sep 5, 2004, at 11:58 AM, Tesla list wrote:
Everybody
David is certainly on target. Congratulations Steve for a great
demonstration of your work and thanks to all who contributed to a fun day.
The Society for Amateur Scientists is holding its third annual Citizen
Science Conference this January in Las Vegas. All you folks doing the solid
state work should consider presenting a paper at the conference. If you
can't attend you should consider the Poster Session.  ( Bert, a
presentation on Lichtenberg figures would be quite welcome) SAS doesn't
discriminate on academic credentials, however, we do expect real science
and technology. Papers and posters are reviewed. I know many of you belong
to SAS and those who don't visit    www.SAS-dot-org  and find out what it is about.
Bert Hickman and I were discussing an observation that he made and I concur
with. It seems that streamer formation appears to differ between class type
(spark gap, vacuum tube, solid state) of coils. It is certainly obvious
with tube coils, but more subtle with the solid state coils. Something to
think about.

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science, Aurora University
Board of Directors, SciTech Museum, Aurora IL
Executive Board, Society for Amateur Scientists
WWW.SAS-dot-org