Re: Capacitors

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 9/11/04 12:24:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Original poster: "levi Mccann" <levimccann-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Thanks for the response on the 942c caps from the geek group, but there is
a 9-11 week lead time.

Is there any certain type of cap I can use from digikey (or another source)
to make my MMC.  This seems to be the hardest part of getting my coil
going.  I already have the secondary wound, the primary wound, the 15k/60ma
transformer and the gap together.  I just need to know a high quality
capacitor string to use so I can get my baby running.

Please, any help would be greatlly appreciated.  I want to start shooting
some sparks!

Thanks,

Levi

Hi Levi,

     There are three desired traits to any project:  fast, cheap, and high
quality. Unfortunately, the exclusion principle in the "quantum theory of
economics" states that at most, any two of these three traits can coexist
in any project. If you have a business account to charge toys to, or have
adult relatives with excess disposable income, then high quality and fast
is possible, but or most of us, patience is not a virtue, it's an economic
necessity.

Matt D.