RE: Toob vs. Tube

Original poster: "Bill Miller" <screengrid-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello,
     I was designing up a VTTC, and thought that the grids on the 4-1000a
were not heavy enough. I was going to use two of those push/pull in my coil.
     Then I looked at the grid on an 833a. They looked alittle heavier. And
should be good at those freqs. I plan on using  a 6DQ5 as an osc to drive
those tubes. Hopefully, it will be steddy. For the osc coil, I plan on
using a coil from a horizontal section on a b&w TV around that freq.
Tnx,
Tony