Calling all Wavetek Owners...

Original poster: "Matthew Smith" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi All

I know that there are a few on the list using the excellent Wavetek 27XT
multimeter.

Has anyone over-volted one yet?  I just have.  I was making a measurement
through a divide-by-ten voltage divider - looked like the capacitor had
discharged down to about 450V.  I then touched the probe to the divide by
nothing, was rewarded with a sparky noise and a blank display.

No blown fuses - anyone done this before and found out what's blown?  It
could be a pain to troubleshoot without a schematic...

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy