RE: Breakout and Coupling

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner-at-optosci-dot-com>

 >On my coil, it doesnt
 >matter what kind of breakout I use, I get undeminished streamers from all
 >around the toroid and only slightly longer ones from the breakout point.
Is
 >this due to the coupling?  Over or under?

It could be because you have a small (or rough surfaced) toroid on a high
energy coil. In this case the breakout can't draw enough current to keep the
topload voltage down.

You might want to try using a bigger toroid, this may help to focus all the
energy into one long streamer from the breakout point. Or turn the power
down (shock horror)

Steve C.