6 foot spark making device.

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I noticed a spark making device standing in the corner of the room in a
restaurant.  It stands about 7" tall with a 4" diameter x 6 ft. tall clear
plastic pipe on top of a metal box.  It makes 6 foot sparks the full length
of the inside of the pipe.  I did not see any wires going to the top end of
the pipe to attract the sparks.   It makes me think this device is a Tesla
Coil built inside a metal box with the high voltage terminal connected to
one end of the pipe.  The pipe must be filled with some type of conductive
gas.   The gas is transparent and the sparks are white.  There is no
manufacture name tag on the front side of the metal box and I did not want
to move the device to check the back side of the box.  I touched the
plastic pipe and the sparks were attracted to me.

Gary Weaver