x-ray transformer update

Original poster: "Jack Vandam" <snotoir7674g-at-mindspring-dot-com>

X-ray transformer update:

Hi guys.  Just thought you might like what I found out about the
Westinghouse xformer.  It is a 100 Kv unit, 300 mA (intermittent) driven by
single phase and up 220 VAC for max output.  I guess that would mean 50 Kv
output with 120 VAC input.  There is an additional 100 V filament voltage
riding on top of the hv and this can be driven by a separate 120 VAC supply.
The filament size can either be large or small.  Very unlikely that the oil
has pcbs from what I have learned.  Voltage input regulation was
accomplished by variable sources, variacs or similar.  The MA terminal was
for a meter hookup so hv current could be monitored.

Thanks again for the pointers and "pointing" me in the right direction!

Jack