Re: Coiling almanac

Original poster: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>

How about setting up the coil almanac as a wiki page in the WikiPedia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Anyone could add or edit content, and no site admin is required. At first glance this sounds like a crazy idea, but oddly enough it seems to work well. The occasional vandalism can be fixed with the click of a button. On the whole, wikipedia entries tend to be well thought out and informative.

Perhaps someone who's articulate and savvy regarding coil matters [such as Paul] could set up the basic page, and then it would take on 'a life of its own,' absorbing coil almanac entries from the Tesla List and around the world.

-GL

Hi Paul,

I have webspace for it but not sure "I" can maintain it "just yet" ;-))) Maybe a very simple "write only" directory with instructions.
Any folks could add a new updated file version whenever they wish, but all the other files would all be preserved in case a 'nut' tries something :-)) Just a simple text format file... Over time, maybe natural selection will produce the best file.... we sort of have to let the internet take care of itself...

[snip]