Re: Would this work? (air gap in ballast core)

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, we'll find out!  I've booked the shop time, so
I'll try it and let you know if you're right! :D

The transformer these came from was dated 1963.  Not
sure when steel cores became the norm, but this stuff
is *extremely* soft.  Might be iron...?  Anyway, I'm
hoping high speed drilling will prevent any/much mess.
 The idea is that all layers will have holes in them,
but all layers will also have some uninterrupted areas
(between holes).