Re: 60Hz

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Steven,

While it might be cool, I think the power company would hate your guts for stealing power. I don't think such a coil would even need a primary, as the power lines running nearby might give you all you need to get it resonating. (at a loss to the power company) If it did work that way, there would be NO WAY to shut it down. (well maybe droping a bomb) Construction of such a coil would be deadly in that case. Go to Stoneridge Engineering's site and take a look at the substation failure for an idea of what could happen if just the ground failed. (power arc from hell) I forgot to connect the secondary ground one night and had some wicked arcing in the 1/2" gap to the ground stud that looked as bright as the spark gap and still had 36" streamers off the top.

Even if it could be done, it wouldn't be a good idea.

David E Weiss

Original poster: "Steven Steele" <sbsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would like to design a TC that runs at 60Hz so that it could run without caps. Do ya'll think thats possible?

               Steven Steele