Re: Wendover Coil Vs USAF lightning TesT?

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

Ed,
   I'll agree that it's a 'comic book'.. I haven't been
very impressed with it, and I hardly read it. What caught
my eye was the volumetric display article featured on the
cover. Interesting idea, but the article was rather dry. I
also enjoyed the one about B Reactor (the photography was
excellent).

   We have a Ti-Sapphire laser here in the lab, but at the
moment, we don't have a laser head with enough power to
pump it properly. It used to be driven with the Argon
laser, but the tube's so old (and the optics are scratched
a bit) that the output barely gets to 4 watts. The
Ti-Sapphire laser needs at least 5. If I can find a source
with enough power, I'd like to give some triggered gaps a
try. We may possibly be getting a lasr capable of
fempto-second pulses at up to 1 Joule optical output, so
that might also be something to try.

If I had terawatts at my disposal, I'd be doing more than
just a simple triggered gap.. ;)

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen