Re: An internal primary

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On 7 Apr 2005, at 8:47, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Harvey Norris <harvich@xxxxxxxxx>
>

> --- Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>
>  >
>  > Who was it who implemented an internal primary?
>  > Successfully, as I
>  > recall.  I'm thinking of trying that but perhaps
>  > that someone, or someone
>  > else, would warn me off.
>  >
>  > Ken Herrick
> I think Malcolm  in other long ago posts I instigated
> said that for the amp turns in the secondary to exceed
> the amp turns in the primary, the primary would appear
> relationship wise internal to the secondary... Geez
> dont want to start a word war there cuz my memory aint
> that great, but I seem to remember he  also said the
> issue may be irrevalent, because in most TC cases the
> amp turns on the secondary do not exceed the amp turns
> on the primary, thus again it is relegated to the
> category of modern myths.

Wow - you don't happen to have the original post handy do you? I
don't recall saying anything about A-T in the context of a Tesla Coil
itself. I *do* recall saying that if the geometries of the primary
and secondary in a TC were reversed you could do better than the
turns ratio voltage-wise but the result was useless since you
wouldn't get a great deal out of it before it started sparking in all
the wrong places.

Malcolm

I dont know how one could