Re: Resonance

Original poster: Dgboorse@xxxxxxx

Steve,
I'm familiar with the empirical approach to science and use it myself from
time to time. My question is one however that I think can be easily answered by
anyone who understands electrical theory. I'm a pre-beginner when it comes
to this stuff.

When I was your age or a bit younger, I read a book on electricity and
remember seeing a hand (a right hand) made into a fist with the thumb pointing
straight out. If I remember correctly, the thumb showed the direction of current
flow and the curvature of the fingers showed the direction of induction...I
think...it's been more than half a century since I read it.

It came to mind when a couple men asked you if you had more than one layer or
if you wound the layers in the same direction.  That's why I asked the first
question about the current flowing two different directions around the coil.

I think that Malcolm not only answered the question for me, but his
suggestion to you about reading a book on electrical theory is one I certainly need to
do also.

Good luck in your project and your career.

Dave