From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Fritz <teslalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,")"@pupman.com
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Primary Frustration!
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:37:27 -0600

Original poster: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Lu=EDs?= <jose-luis@xxxxxxx>

Copper tubing, when suplied in coils is softened. After being bent a few times it becomes harder and very dificult to work with. My guess is that when to were making the coil you had to make severall adjustements to it, and it hardened the copper. Even your suplier might have hardened it if he unbented it to measure and then bent it back for you to take home.
To soften copper tubing you heat it with a flame, BE VERY CAREFULL, COPPER BURNS INFECT VERY EASILY AND THERE'S ALSO THE FIRE RISK.
When the flame becomes green, you cool it with water or a very wet cloth, be very carefull again!!.
Why dont you try to make the coil on a form a then aply it to your board?

Jose Luis.