Re: turnoid question

"Ed,
How much better do the toroids perform when wrapped with masking tape
and
then aluminum tape, as you suggest? Have you done a comparison? Or, does
it
just look a lot better? I don't mind putting in the extra labor, if it
really is better.
Paul Brodie
Think Positive"

	I don't think they perform any better at all; they just look neater
because properly applied layers of masking tape smooth out the ridges in
the flex ducting.  With those layers of tape the whole ring is a lot
more rigid than it is with just the ends joined, making getting a neat
wrapping with the more expensive and harder-to-handle aluminum tape
easier.

Ed