Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Experiment - A curious thing...

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Terry,

Im thinking out loud here so forgive me. I wondering if one should do a single bang experiment where the variable is cycles per burst and only one burst. Record the energy and topload voltage as a function cycles per burst. One can then determine the minimum number of cycles per burst needed to produce the breakout voltage for the given topload.

Given that, one can then design an experiment that varies the burst per sec and the cycles per burst in a way that preserves a constant power and still results in breakout.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Try starting it up at a given BPS and see if you have the same effect or
approach a max or min from higher or lower BPS.
 Its tempting to assume that when the streamer length is so dependent on the
BPS it would also be dependent on the duration/energy of the burst.
i.e. a small change in the duration(number of cycles per burst) would change
the streamer length too. If not you may need an exotic effect to explain it
or a artifact of your control system or PS.
Beating between the BPS and mains frequency would be my guess.

Robert (R. A.) Jones
A1 Accounting, Inc., Fl
407 649 6400