Re: DRSS-XXX? (Cost of SGTC vs. SSTC)

Original poster: <dhmccauley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> "I joined the list just recently and feel pretty lost because of all the
> abbreviations. But, could you just give an approximate cost of one system
> vs.
> the other. (Spark gap vs.
> DRSSTC)"

You really cannot compared to two between costs.  A simple SGTC might cost
less than $20.00 to build, and likewise, a very simple SSTC might
cost the same.  On the otherhand, one could easily spend over $1000 on a
SGTC and the same on a SSTC.

It all depends on the complexity, size, part availability, and so forth . .
.

Dan