Re: This Hobby's Expensive - Tosh! No,my good man, it isn't!

Original poster: robert heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Paul: I live in a slowly dying town known as Las Vegas founded over 400
years ago before the english founders formed the US.  Not Las vegas NV
founded by the Mormon chirch and built by Howard Hughs. All industry has
long left this town so there are no Ham Fests near here. I found a fine 2
channel scope with 10 Mhz band width at Good will for $3 . I get Multimeters
at Harbor freight for $5 They work well and I dont cry when I smoke one.
 I went out on a limb  and bought a fine HP tube signal generator for 20$ 0n
Ebay .Tubes are hard to get, but it puts out 20v  3W signal which makes
finding a coils resonant frequency easy . it is superior for TC work to
those low voltage transistor units. When I go To the VA hospital in
Albuqurque I go to the war surplus and get copper wire for around  5$ for 10
lbs. There are places to find things if you keep looking very hard. I am
looking for some old plans to convert a TV into a low frequency multi scan
scope. That was done 30 years ago, but I can not find those plans any more.
 Such a scope would be superior to analyze single event long duration events
like we have in TC work. Just point your Browny camera at the screen, fire
the coil and you have every signal recordrd on film over a long time.
     Robert    H