Re: This Hobby's Expensive - Tosh! No,my good man, it isn't!

"  I went out on a limb  and bought a fine HP tube signal generator for
20$ 0n
Ebay .Tubes are hard to get, but it puts out 20v  3W signal which makes
finding a coils resonant frequency easy ."

	Tubes of the kind you'd need for that kind of test equipment are easy
to find at reasonable prices.  Quite a few guys have good stocks on hand
and have web pages.  Antique Electronic Supply is one example.

Ed