Re: Magnifier Driver coil design

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 4/17/05 10:32:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Tertiary: 8.1"x45" winding of 46awg with a 36" toroid up top.  L is
190mH, loaded Fr is 48khz.  Im going to start off just using my
original secondary, since i *know* it will take lots of abuse for
producing long sparks.  Will look at shorter windings later when
teslathons approach at the end of summer

Steve,

46awg seems too thin to me.  Is that a typo?  I'd recommend not going
lower than 28awg, but making the coil maybe 16" diameter or
so or whatever's needed to get the necessary inductance.

The driver coil could be maybe 16awg or so.

I'm not sure if my recommendations will get your
frequency low enough.

cheers,
John Freau