Re: Who all has built OLTCs?

Original poster: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>

I think my DRSSTCs are almost "bullet proof" now.  The only thing that
ever causes failure now is primary strikes (the last several have not
damaged anything, though), which i would imagine could also be
destructive on an OLTC.  I havent lost any silicon on my DRSSTCs in
quite a long time, and i tend to push things kinda hard ;-).  I do
agree that i could see the OLTC being more reliable at the moment, but
i find my coils to be highly reliable as of late with the development
of the over-current detection circuit and the use of primary feedback,
which ensures clean feedback signals under almost any condition.

By the way, i see people blowing up silicon on those OLTCs too!  Only
their sparks are shorter!  Hahaha!

Steve